Mens Contemporary at its best – Harvey Nichols

Posted on by Cameron Tewson

I don’t often go to many launches or store events, but I was excited to hear the launch of the Fashion forward Department store that is Harvey Nichols in London’s popular Knightsbridge location and how it has redefined its men’s contemporary offer for Autumn Winter 2014.

The bold corner plot on Brompton Road has a major 3,175 sq ft contemporary department located on the Lower Ground Floor 2 and has been transformed with the introduction of 22 bold new brands, which represents a striking 63% of the total contemporary buy leaving the remaining 37% to be the international brands like Lanvin, Dries Van Noten & McQueen.

The wide range of Menswear includes emerging streetwear brands from the US, such as LA label – Fear of God, MHRS (Mostly Heard, Rarely Seen), Pyer Moss and V Files Sport+ which complements the existing offering of more established European brands including A.P.C, CMMN SWDN, Norse Projects, Our Legacy, Marcelo Burlon and Blood Brother.

Building on its reputation for contemporary exclusives in menswear, 7 of the new brands are exclusives to the UK. The exclusive collections include; Monica Monroe, Fear of God, Long Journey, MHRS, Pyer Moss, VFILES SPORT + and Trapstar Red Line.

Darren Skey, Head of Menswear comments:

“The demand for Contemporary/Streetwear shows no sign of slowing down. US brands, particularly from New York, are becoming more important to the mix now with the resurgence in popularity of hip hop culture. Artists like A$AP Rocky, Travi$$ Scott, and of course Kanye West have become important style icons. Slogan t-shirts, bomber jackets, sweatshirts are some of our best performing categories across menswear for both our home and international customers. We are excited to expand our offering, bringing some of the most exciting new labels in contemporary menswear to the UK.”

 

VFiles Sport+ in Harvey Nichols

 

Customers at the MHRS Photobooth at Harvey Nichols Contemporary Menswear Launch

The Dickson Brothers & Gianni Lee at Harvey Nichols Mens Contemporary Launch with VFiles Sport+

About Cameron Tewson

Celebrating five years online, frontrowedit.co.uk, founded by Cameron Tewson in 2012, is an online media outlet which consists of his musings, thoughts and observations within the fashion industry; editing from both front row and backstage at shows across the globe. With an ever growing following from around the world, Cameron and his work on frontrowedit.co.uk has been named one of the top ten bloggers in the world. Cameron and has previously consulted and worked for brands as well as global organisations which only adds to the depth, style and insider knowledge., frontrowedit.co.uk is the number one destination for all things luxury including travel from Summer 2017. View all posts by Cameron Tewson →